Barker Circle

Col. James B. Allison became the 6th commanding officer of Fort Monmouth in 1925. He commissioned the first permanent structures built on the fort including four red brick barracks capable of housing 200 men each, the beginnings of what is now known as Barker’s Circle. The buildings are three-stories tall, T-shaped and are made from concrete with a brick veneer. It is named for a cadet killed in training.