Russell Hall was the last permanent pre-WWII structure completed on the Fort. It was finished in 1936 and served as Headquarters to Fort Monmouth. It contained the post library, Chaplin's Office, a court martial room, classrooms, a war game room and telephone switchboard rooms. Today, it serves as an office building, home to local businesses. It is named for Chief Signal Officer Egar Russel.